I am a poker player. This is my blog. I don't claim to be great, but I am good. I do love the game. My husband taught me how to play on our honeymoon. Actually, it was our wedding night. I stayed up ALL NIGHT playing online. I faintly remember my husband waking up at around 3AM asking me if I was still playing. I think at that point he knew that he had helped to create a monster, or, as he so lovingly calls it, a monkey.

August 12, 2010

Awakening a sleeping giant......

So my poker group has been wondering where I've been. Honestly, I have been doubting my skills as a player and kinda wanted to give up on it altogether. I continually do boneheaded things at the table that I know I shouldn't do. I have become a calling station. I play hands that I have no business playing. I am trying to figure it all out. I don't want to sit down at the table anymore. I feel as if I have no clue as to what the crux of the game is anymore.
I guess I just need to play through everything.
Thanks B.J.S.

3 comments:

  1. Tasha,
    I too took a break from poker for a few weeks. I thought I was becoming too consumed by the game and spending too much time trying to figure it all out. I was right. I was spending too much time at the table and it began to cloud my love of the game. I became too hung up on bad beats and mistakes. I recently returned to play the second game at Tommy's this week. I have to say it was a very entertaining experience. I saw some new people at the table and I began to observe and play. I was able to quickly point out the fish, overplaying top pair, and even called out a few hands before they were turned over. Suddenly, the love for the game came back to me. I hope when you do return to the table you find what you liked so much about poker as the first time you played. We need more skilled players like yourself.
    Jaime R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime!
    Thanks so much for your comment. I enjoyed seeing you last night.
    When I sat down to the table last night, I mostly observed people and took mental notes. I played few hands, but the hands that I did play I won.........not because I had the best hand necessarily, but because I played poker. Jaime, you know what I mean. The rest of you, marinate on it a little while............... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new posts Natasha? Well, I'm just here for self serving promotion. Try my new web site http://maxmypoker.info

    ReplyDelete